Friday, February 29, 2008

With Sympathy

My SIL is a 'fabulous' social worker at an area nursing home. She is awesome at what she does. Not just because she took such good care of my grandmother (so good that she was able to be moved to an assisted living floor) but that this is how she treats all of her residents. Last Friday she presented me with a favor. Would I make her a stack of sympathy cards to use when her residents pass away. How could I resist. This is just an example of the little extra she gives to her families...

By the way..
On Wednesday she was crowned EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR... whoop whoop... Congratulations Annie... :) I wanted to make 1 that was more masculine and 1 more feminine...

This card was made using.... Groovy Guava, Purely Pomegranate & Whisper White card stock.. Pretty Peony was stamped in Groovy Guava, Purely Pomegranate (thank you to my stamp-a-ma-jig).. and River Rock.. and the edges were distressed with River Rock. French Script was stamped in Groovy Guava. "With Sympathy" was stamped in Purely Pomegranate and again distressed with River Rock.. I added a strip of Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon for that little something extra. I (((HEART))) how this came out...

Here's my more masculine card. This I cased from my SUP catty... This card uses River Rock, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla card stock. Simple Delights were stamped in River Rock.. I stamped the "With Sympathy" in Chocolate Chip. Added a little brown ribbon and a pewter brad.. Simple yet elegant...

No comments: