Friday, July 13, 2007

I was just monkeying around


In between laundry, picnics, dr appointments and mounting stamps yesterday I did manage to squeeze in a little monkeying around. A former big sis of mine who shall remain nameless (trust me she knows who she is) wanted a 'bee' joy fold card. So while I was cutting one for her I thought I'd make one with my favorite little monkey's that I had not used yet. Here goes..

For the base of the card is so saffron with the new Flair Designs Autumn Splendor paper (Autumn Squares and Autumn Harvest Brown.. you can pick these up at Jacksonbelle Embellishments... hint hint off to the left under shopping).. and very vanilla card stock. The harvest brown circle was punched with my giga punch and the mega punch for the very vanilla. The leaf stamp is from this month's Papertreyink "Text Box" and were stamped in always artichoke. I stamped off first (stamped on my scrap paper to get most of the ink off of my stamp) before stamping on the card stock. My monkeys (don'tcha love'em...you just want to tickle their bellies) are from Eclectic Paperie. HMM I shopped just about everywhere to make this card.. LOL. Their colored with my Stampin Up markers (Cropics were only ordered today. I can't wait for them to get here !!!) in Sahara Sand and Close to Cocoa. To hold my fold down I stamped "Giggle" in chocolate chip again on the very vanilla and then antiqued it for a little added flair. Attached a couple small prima's with a copper brad to the card stock, popped on a dimensional glue dot and whammy I was done 'monkeying around'.. SHHH don't tell anyone but these colors are fabulous with the bee trio as well...

No comments: