Sunday, March 30, 2008

A very sad day....

Today was a very sad day for us. This morning.. our kitty "Harley Davidson Moore" was hit by a car and passed away...
Harely despite being declawed LOVED to be outside. He would be outside every spare 'warm' minute if we let him. I say warm because his nick-name was 'tender-foot'. He did not like to get his feet cold. Every night if we didn't let him outside to roam and play with his friends he would come into the bedroom as meow at us as loud as he could. But every morning he would be sitting by the sliding glass door in the kitchen ready to come in, have a little breakfast and baste in the sun for the remainder of the day.... This morning I knew something was different. When I got up to let Carter & Oreo out Harley was no where to be found.. I called for him... nothing.. So we all went back to bed. At 7:30 still no Harley. When my DH got up I told him I couldn't find Harley and that he must have gotten into someones garage over night. Well, when my neighbor moved her car, there he was lying on her side walk. He obviously had gotten hit by a car. My hope and prayer is that he didn't suffer.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Harley. It was him in his glory baking in the warm sun. All day yesterday he laid on the window seat in our dining room enjoying the warm spring sun. When my BFF stopped by to go for a walk she gave him a little pet and told him how nice and warm he was. Her husband said Harley was the only cat that when he called his name from down the street would come running to him, roll on the ground and want you to rub his belly.

Harley was a phenomenal hunter even without claws. I would always tell my DH that Harley was a part of the mouse re-location program. He would re-locate mice from every ones yards and garages to our back yard. He would let them loose in my garden so that he would play with them again. Unfortunately, he didn't get to play with them to much because they were too yummy to him.. YACK...

Harley... your purrrrrr, kisses and unconditional love warmed our hearts. Were going to miss you so very much. My heart will miss your purr every single day...

6 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

I had a cat that would claw and pop out the upstairs screen and get on my roof-any time night or day. I had to dangle a milk jug outside and sometimes even then he would not come down. then he started taking his siblings up there-all were neutered so no need to be out and about. We finally put a peice of plexiglass up and 30 years later, no cat asks to go out and is never let out. But now all the neighbor cats sit on my front porch and pester them. cats are so danged odd but at least they are safe inside with me. I was never going climb on the roof during a tornado warning to get them in again.

Sharon in NE said...

My sweet Bootsie is just like that. Comes in and taps my head at 3 am telling me he'd like to go outside. 7:30, he's in the sunroom anxious to come in and eat his breakfast.
I know that the God who created the heavens and earth knows what happened to Harley and cares. And I know He will honor my prayer and give you some peace and comfort. (:) big hug

StampingDani said...

Oh, Lisa, this is so sad. Being a 'mom of cats' I know how hard it is to face a loss like yours.
Pets are like babies that never grow: they depend on us for everything all their life long, but what they give us in return is priceless. I'm sure he was a loved and happy cat.
I'm thinking of you...
Love
Dani / Italy

Gina Wrona said...

It is no small thing to lose a special friend...

...may happy memories of your pet brings you comfort.


THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

There is a bridge connecting heaven and earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of it's many colors. Just this side of the rainbow bridge is a land of meadows, hills and valleys, all of it covered with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this lovely land. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. There, the old and frail animals are young again. Those who were maimed are made whole once more. They play all day with each other, content and comfortable.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with the special person who loved them on earth. So each day they run and play until the day comes when suddenly one stops playing and looks up! Then, the nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring!

You have been seen, and that one suddenly runs from the group! You take him or her into your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then, together, you cross the Rainbow Bridge, never to be separated again.


((((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Gina

Beth said...

I am so sorry about your kitty!

{hugs}

Jennie Skaggs said...

I am sorry to hear about your kitty passing. We try to keep our kitties in...but one keeps getting out. Love his pics. Jennie