Monday, September 15, 2008

The air is getting crisp

It's that time of year again.. The air is starting to get crisp (that is up until yesterday when it was 90' and Hazy Hot and Humid.. as I walked down the street, every air conditioner was running.. National Grid must have been in their glory.. But that's another story.. LOL )... My all time favorite time of year is the fall.. the crisp smell of the air, apple picking, pumpkins, Halloween, Thanksgiving.. The only thing that's not fun is pulling the flowers out of the flower beds and raking the leaves.. But I guess we take the good with the bad. ..

This past week I celebrated 2 birthdays.. The first was my MIL's and the 2nd was our Pastors wife... So I made them this beautiful fall 'birthday' card using one of my new favorite stamps from Penny Black... Fantasy... The tree it's self, along with the gourds, pumpkins and acorns were all embossed using my chocolate bliss embossing powder from Gele-tins. OMGoodness... it does smell like chocolate.. How cool is that...


Fall Recipe...
Cardstock... Close to cocoa, really rust, confetti white (SUP) & spring moss PTI..
Stamps.. Fantasy (Penny Black) & Autumn Harvest (SUP)
Ink.. various copic markers
Accessories.. May Arts striped ribbon, Chocolate Bliss embossing powder, orange peel & cinnamon stickles... large slot punch (SUP)

Here's a little something I just had to share... Our fur pooch "Carter"... named after former President Jimmy Carter.. he and his litter mates were all born right around the 4th of July so they were all named after former presidents.. So when we got him the name just stuck.. LOL) .. Carter is a big baby and carries around his babies.. He has a stuffed dalmatian 'baby'.. a stuffed 'piggy' and loofa dog... A few nights ago I was in on the 'puter and looked over. Smoochy was sound asleep with his head on piggy.. The life of a fur baby.. LOL

Happy Stamping !!
Lisa

No comments: