Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Superbowl XLI pre-game workshop

Wow, Friday night was such a blast. Heck, if our men can watch the Superbowl on Sunday, we can stamp on Friday... As luck would have it, mother nature was not on my side. She decided to finally (yep on February 2nd) give us our first real snowstorm of the year. That's ok.. We stamped our way through the whole 3 inches. Two stampers needed to cancel, so at the last minute I called my friend from down the street who had never stamped before to come and join us. SHE LOVED IT... I 'cased' this idea from onecreativechica on "SCS". It was so easy to do.


This was our 2nd card using the new 'pocket notes' from the winter mini catalog. I just love how they make card making simple and easy.. Half the work is already done for you.






This was our 3rd card for the evening. Don't you just love these colors? Cool Caribbean, Black, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White.








And our final card of the evening.. This was my ultimate favorite for 2 reasons.. First I have to say that when the winter mini catalog first came out I hated 'carte postale'. I had no use for it, didn't like it, wouldn't waste my money on it.. Well was I wrong, there I admitted it... I WAS WRONG.. I LOVE this stamp set. I use it so much. It makes the most elegant 'shabby chic' style cards. With the very vanilla craft ink it gives it that 'old world' feel. Secondly, it uses my favorite gadget the Cuttlebug by Provocraft.. (We'll get into the Cuttlebug at another time). Add a little chocolate chip craft ink to a sponge, give it a run and vio'la look what you have. A beautiful inky experience.


2 comments:

terri said...

Lisa- Friday was good times. cant wait to get together again. the blog is awsome. I will def be back you are just a plethera of information and ideas. until next time stamp on

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa. Never visited a blog before, but I do love yours, but you know I love you anyway. Your cards are magnificent!!!!!!!
Keep on blogging.
Beverly