Thursday, November 1, 2007

I love Fall

On Tuesday a little 'DDSS' happy mail came with my name on it from my Bis Sis... There were some Karen Foster fall flowers, fall wood signs and a package of Bo-Bunny clips.. I knew immediately what I would do with the wood signs.. I guess you could call it... a little mojo.

I made 3 cards to use each of the 3 signs each one has the same basic design... I just love FALL...

They are each made using a 5 1/2" x 11 " piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock. This makes a nice 5 1/2" square card. I like this size.

The images from Autumn Harvest are stamped in brown stazon on very vanilla so that the colors didn't bleed when I colored them with my Stampin' Up and Copic marker in various fall colors. I then stamped the leaves on the background of the pumpkin pie in pumpkin pie and distressed the edges with my favorite Tim Holtz walnut distressing ink. The layering is in chocolate chip & true thyme. To add a little dimension I stamped my canvas in creamy caramel on the very vanilla and then with close to cocoa distressed the edges.


The only differences in the cards was how I applied the signs.

Card #1 was applied using Martha Stewart chocolate stain ribbon...
Card #2 uses Cosmo Cricket ribbon with a large pewter SUP eyelet.
Card #3 uses rust Martha Stewart Ribbon..
I used my crop a dile to punch all of the holes in the wood signs and it was a breeze...

Can you believe that November is here.. Christmas is just 8 weeks (may be even less) away and soon it'll be a New Year. Boy how this year has flown by.

Happy Stampin'

4 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

Your fall cards are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love fall too! You did an absolutely stunning job on these cards!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful fall cards! Your coloring and composition are perfect!

Unknown said...

I love them all - great job Lisa!