Monday, April 7, 2008

The last 2....

Frames... I promise... At least for a little while :) When so many people love these frames, how can I not make them as gifts? I missed one of my good friends birthday last weekend (my mind was elsewhere with loosing Harley) so this weekend I made her this gift...

T's favorite word is integrity.. Which may I add sums her up in a nutshell. She is one of the most 'honest' people and has a strong morale.. For the background for this frame I used vintage paper... The letters were rub-ons from Wal-mart on very vanilla paper matted on sahara sand. Baroque Motifs and Simple Delights were stamped in sahara sand and cranberry crisp. The cranberry ribbon was embellished with a piece of pewter hardware before I tied the bow..


I believe everything happens for a reason. That is exactly how me and my friend J met. She started her weight loss journey a few months ahead of me.. so she is just a few pounds away from loosing.. Are you ready... 100 pounds. How awesome is that? This final frame is for her for when she's inducted into the century club... I choose believe because choosing to change your entire life is something that you need to believe in with every ounce of your soul. Choosing to have WLS isn't something that one can wake up one morning and say.. I think I'm going to have GBP surgery.. It's something that takes a great deal of thought and it's not until you're absolutely ready can you even make that decision. This will be my special gift to J when she reaches the 100 lbs gone forever milestone. For this I used "Style" designer series paper from Crate Paper.. Textured black and Very Vanilla Carstock (SUP).. The letters are again rub-on's from Walmart. Baroque Motifs and Simple Delights (SUP) were stamped in Versa Mark and then embossed with black embossing powder. And finally I added a piece of Ivory wide grosgrain ribbon with a decorative black ribbon and pewter hardware.

So if you could pick just 1 word to describe yourself what would it be?

Happy Stamping


6 comments:

Swamp Tulip said...

You're frames are AWESOME! I have two 'naked' frames that have been sitting here for weeks just waiting for some inspiration :)

Um - one word to describe me - hmmm - I gotta think about that ...

Teresa

Bonnie said...

I love these! I would love to know where you get these frames!

Felicia said...

I was surfing OH today and stumbled across your blog link. LOVE the frames you did. Just beautiful!! Your friends are very lucky indeed!!

Have a wonderful day!
*huggles*
=0)

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome frames!!!!!

1 word? Only one?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thoughtful

Gina

Gina Wrona said...

I take it back, one word would be:

((((((((((((STRESSED))))))))))

Jennie Skaggs said...

WOW....gorgeous frames. Love how you did them. Gives me great ideas. Jennie