Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Having a Ruff Day ???????

Have you been having a "RUFF DAY" lately? Sunday I had planned to spend a relaxing day puttzing around my stamp room, doing some laundry, a little cooking, a little cleaning. Well, we all know where our good intentions go.. LOL Around 4 PM my phone started ringing off the wall. Long story short after one of our many torrential thunderstorms lately my mother decided to take the garbage and newspapers out to the shed. Well, she never made it. She hit a patch of mossy mud and down she went. Her body in 1 direction, her ankle and foot in another. After an ambulance ride to the ER, x-rays and some heavy duty pain medication the ER PA (notice the sarcasm in my voice) who was reading the x-ray.. Nope not a radiologist or even a radiology PA, the ER PA said he couldn't see any fracture and off he sends us with her ankle wrapped in an ace bandage, air cast, pain medication and crutches... Now that's a RUFF day...

Before I jumped in the car rushed off to the ER I did manage to make a set of Ruff Day cards using the last of my new Penny Black stamps "SOO Sorry".. This little fell'a is just the cutest..
For this card I used..
Card Stock.. Real Red, Basic Black and Confetti White (SUP)
Stamps.. Soo Sorry (Penny Black) and a misc doggy stamp I picked up in Mike's..
Ink.. Noir Pallette Ink, Basic Grey (SUP_ and various Copic Markers
Accessories.. Tag punch, black & white gingham ribbon (or) white sheer ribbon, Anne Griffin Glass Effects.. I know I know I seem to be using a lot of the crystal effects, glass effects lately.. But I just love the look.
I will say though that I noticed that when using the copic markers on the confetti white card stock vs. my whisper white card stock (both SUP) the markers tend to bleed more with the confetti white.. This is just something to keep in mind when choosing your card stock for your projects..
Here's a quick shot of the inside...
Well, I hope you're all having a spectacular week.. The weekend will be here before we know it..
Happy Stamping,
Lisa

No comments: