Monday, June 23, 2008

A few free hours on a Friday night....

What would you do if you had 4 free hours on a Friday night???
Dinner.. Check
Dishes.. Check
Dogs Fed... Check
Laundry in the washer... Check
Hubby in the garage.. Double check
you go in your stamping room, hang the 'no boy's allowed' sign on the door and sneak away for a little stamping...


My niece's birthday was mother's day and for the past few years she's had an end of year birthday/ pool party for her friends. Last year I locked myself away in my stamp room for a week to make her these 'flip flop invitations'.. This year.. POPSICLES...
These were super easy and so much fun to make.. Let me just start by saying... This year she needed 40.. 40 I say and she's only 13.. Yikes, can you imagine what I'll be doing for her sweet 16 party? For these I started with a standard A5 card using.. Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Only Orange, So Saffron (all from SUP) along with Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush (PTI) cardstocks. I then ran the front's only through one of these 4 cuttlebug embossing templates.. Swiss dot, Happy Birthday, Bloom Dots and spots & dots... Next, using my Marvy Mega Scalloped punch I took a bite out of the top right corner.. (editor note... My punch would not go through 2 pages of cardstock at the same time. So I made another little template and marked on the front and back approximately where to make my punch. This worked much easier. ).. Now all that was left was the assembly. To the inside I printed invitations on whisper white cardstock, applied a jumbo craft stick to the bottom, covered with the invitation and then again using the scalloped punch, bit off the corner of the invitation. Next I stamped "You're invited" in my pallette black noir ink on the front.. What was left to do?
Well, wrap them in cello bags of course and tying them with coordinating ribbon. I didn't want these melting in her book bag at school and getting everything all sticky...

4 hours.. 40 invitations... DONE !!!!
I hope you all enjoyed these...
And oh... my niece's reaction when I dropped them off.... One word..
SWEET !!!!!!!!

Happy Stamping :)

1 comment:

Gina Wrona said...

I DEFINATELY AGREE, THEY ARE

SSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEET!

((HUGS))
Gina