Thursday, January 24, 2008

One last project

before tomorrow.... Hey everyone... Just checking in 1 last time before the big day.. It's so funny. This surgery is something I've contemplated for about 5 years and have given serious energy since the middle of last year. So now to think that it's tomorrow afternoon.. Is just mind blowing. Thank you to each and everyone of you who have sent me well wishes. Tomorrow is the start of a whole new life for me.. and anyone who has struggled with weight issues for as long as I have knows where I'm coming from...

On a lighter note... I was able to make 1 last project.. in my squeaky clean and organized stamp room.. Let's just say that now my desk isn't as organized and clean as it was... LOL If you were to ask my sister she'd tell you.. I was never clean and organized when we were growing up so why start now? LOL

I apologize for the lighting. I guess I didn't use the best lighting when I was snapping this photo on Sunday. This card was for a very close friend of the family who lost her husband on Friday. Bill had been sick for many years and he was called home to be with the angels. When we paid our final respects on Tuesday and said Good-bye their was such a look of peace in his face. It's comforting to know.. He's definitely no longer in pain.. Bill, you've left a smile on all of our hearts..

Here's my recipe for this card.. Cardstock... River Rock, Buckaroo Blue, Wild Asparagus DS paper, Very Vanilla... Stamps... Out on a limb (PTI)... Ink.. Soft Sky, River Rock and Close to Cocoa... Accessories... Hodgepodge Hardware

And on a final note... I'm not sure if you're aware but there's a brandy spankin new stamp company opening it's doors tomorrow (Friday)... I love the sneak peaks they've had so far and this company seems to be right up my alley.. It's called Saltbox Studio.. I've added a link to their store and to their blog off to the left... Head on over and check them out.. You won't be disappointed... :)

So, I'll now be away for a few days.. but I promise.. I'll be back next week to let you all know how I'm doing.. Thanks again for all of your support...

Hugs,

3 comments:

Pat S. said...

Hi!
When I checked in today, your count-down said 8 minutes to go. I'm pulling for you!

Kim said...

Hi! I love to look at your blog every time I go web-surfing. Hope all went well with your surgery! Sending prayers your way...

StampingDani said...

Hey, Lisa, how are you? Let us know as soon as you can!

Love

Dani