Thursday, January 3, 2008

What's in a frame?

Hi all.... Today's project was for a special friend, my niece and a friend's mother. Their all name frames... (but they weren't really names... LOL)...


This first frame is for my niece... Her room was just re-decorated in yellow with dark furniture. What goes better with yellow than red? Her word is "imagine".. At 13 we all need our imagination... I apologize I'm not sure who made the designer papers. I purchase them so often and from so many different places that I tend to loose track.. LOL I can tell you that the letters are Cosmo Cricket stickers picked up at my LSS. I stamped Baroque Motifs in Close to Cocoa and distressed all of the edges with my Tim Holtz walnut distressing ink. And finally I added a few pearls for a little extra bling.

This 2nd frame was for a friend's mom's birthday (which is actually tomorrow)... Again.. can't tell you who makes the designer paper. The letter's were rub-on's from Walmart (they had them on sale so I grabbed a bunch).. This time I stamped baroque motifs in close to cocoa and really rust. I added a little lace, a few buttons with hemp twine.. The word 'cherish' is stamped in chocolate chip and embellished with a little pewter hardware.. Again, I've added a few pearls to the flowers for a little bling..

And finally... Because friends are the most wonderful blessings... This frame was made with Wild Asparagus DS paper. I love the weight of their papers. The tags were made with Sahara Sand, Blue Bayou and Kraft card stock. The letters were rub-ons in different fonts for a little originality. Instead of stamping the letters this time I embellished each with ribbons and pewter hardware. The 'my wonderful friend' rub-on is again from Cosmo Cricket. Can you tell they are one of my favorite designers?
All frames were from Walmart for $3 on sale..
Please stop back tomorrow for.... A little New Year's inspired blog candy... :) You won't want to miss this one :)
Oh... and before I forget.. Another 4 lbs gone.. So just over 20 lbs in only 25 days... YIPEE !!!!
Happy Stamping

1 comment:

Swamp Tulip said...

You are freakin' amazing! I love them all! Great job!

Congratulations on the weight loss. Keep it up!

Teresa