Monday, April 16, 2007

Happy Spring ... FLING

Happy Spring Fling. I waited a little to post this in hopes that Melody (Kraftygirl... SCS) would receive her surprise package before everyone else got a looksee at the goodies I sent to her. I hope she likes it..

For the lunchbox tin, clip board and big clippies I used one of my favorite brands of designer papers.. Cosmo Cricket. These 2 are from their halfway cafe line 'Amarilo' and 'Winona'.

When making a lunchbox tin I always use these magnificent templates. They are wonderful and make the notch on the LBT and the top a cinch. The top of the LBT is covered with the red 'Amarillo' paper & in the center is a Prima flower with a clear jeweled button sticker. A neat little hint... when cutting your top templates extend one of the center tab about an inch. This makes it a little easier to line up the paper and really hides the seam where the 2 sides meet. The font of the LBT is decorated with Prima flowers, Cream Stampin' Up organdy ribbon and a basic grey chipboard M (which I decorated with the 'Winona' paper). The rest of Melody's name are rub-on letters from Making Memories. The divider tabs on the inside of the LBT are decorated wtih 4 large clippies using the same designer papers. Inside I tucked a few pre-stamped bella's just for Melody.

The clipboard is from Provocraft. I picked it up a week ago during one of my outing's to Michael's. I first painted the clip board in a neutral tan paint, then applied the paper with modgeopdge. The "Notes" were also rub-on's from Making Memories. Once the paper was adhered I applied another coat of modgepode to the top for a protectant. And lastly a little ribbon cause you always need ribbon to spice up any project. This turquoise velvet ribbon happens to be from Stampin' Up's flirty decorative ribbon package.

Now, if we could only get Mother Nature to cooperate and may be it really would be Spring !!

No comments: