Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Using my favorite stamp set

I must admit, when Carte Postale first came out I hated this set. I had no idea what I would do with it.. But oh my godddddddddddddddd.... I love it.. I use it all the time and if you didn't buy it when it was first available in the winter mini you now have 2 choices... 1) Pray to the heavenly god's that it'll be brought back in the new catty coming out in July.. Oh please let it be so... or 2) do everything in your power to get your greedy little hands on one no matter how... If it were me, I'd be opting for the 2nd choice.. I'd never be able to wait till July... LOL But that's just the obsessed 'gotta have it now' little ole' me..

I made this card using some of my all time fave color combo's.. Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip. The Fleur De leaf was stamped on the Sage Shadow in Sage Shadow. The swirl (a little hard to see) which is also on the Sage Shadow was stamped in Very Vanilla craft ink. It added a little dimension to the background. Because you know me and my cuttle bug, I then embossed the Very Vanilla with my Divine Swirls embossing folder. With a sponge I dabbed (a very technical term) on a little chocolate chip to 'pop' (yet another technical term) the swirls off the page.. The Very Vanilla was added to a strip of plain ole' ordinary chocolate chip card stock. Poor thing, you almost want to hug it and tell it it's ok to be plain.. The square tag was also stamped in the Sage Shadow & Vanilla to match the background. The bigger Swirl Design (for lack of yet another technical term.. LOL) was stamped in Chocolate Chip. I felt a little distressing was in order so using the Stampin Up distressing tool I gave the edges a little flair. Then flick, flick flick (that's me rubbing the edges of the card stock on the ink pad) I added a little chocolate chip to the edges. The ribbon is one of my fave's.. chocolate velvet (but I couldn't tell ya' who it's from.. But if I have to guess I'd say one of my fave ebay stores Jackonbelle. Once the whole thing was put together, I stamped the 'Bonjour' again in Chocolate Chip.. the Viola'.. I was done ..

No comments: