Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Strawberry Festival Part I

I just love this little strawberry stamp from Lockhart stamps. Lockhart is running a 'recipe' contest which inspired me to make this recipe card (no worries.. I didn't enter.. I wasn't brave enough yet.. LOL).. I've made a few cards using this same theme (I'm thinking of putting a whole collection together of recipe/ all occasion cards to give as gifts.. )
This recipe card uses mellow moss and kraft card stock along with Boston Garden designer paper (Beacon Hill collection from Daisy D's). The designer paper was punched with my all time favorite Martha Stewart floral punch (not quite sure if that is the correct name but it fits.. ((grin)).. Below the floral punch I stamped "Fresh from the garden" in Real Red. The designer paper was attached using 2 antique brass brads. The ribbon is red/ cream striped ribbon from May Arts. I stamped the strawberries in Pallette hybrid, Noir ink. The strawberries were colored with SUP markers in Real Red, Always Artichoke for the stems, Bordering Blue for the bowls and the dots are my nifty White Gel Souffle Pen. I printed the recipe for 'Strawberries in Lemon Lavender Syrup' on Kraft card stock and put it all together. Here's the recipe..
Strawberries in Lemon-Lavender Syrup

1 pound fresh strawberries
6 tablespoons water
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
Whipped cream (optional)

Rinse and drain strawberries. Remove stems & slice into a large bowl. Set aside. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine water, lemon juice, sugar and lavender. Simmer (stirring occasionally) for about 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and lavender is infused. Remove from heat & strain syrup, discarding the blossoms. Pour strained syrup over strawberries. Gently toss. Serve berries & syrup right away in pretty glass bowls or stemmed glasses. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired. Note: You can prepare the syrup in advance and let it cool. Toss with berries just before serving. Makes 4 servings.
Yummy.. Just like Grandma would make.
Keep cool (yesterday here in NY it was 99... Hazy Hot and Humid.. Today their predicting it to be much hotter.. :) ... Stay tuned for Part II... :)

1 comment:

michelle sturgeon said...

That's a great recipe card!