Saturday, September 8, 2007

Tent Topper Cards

Howdy... I hope your all having a fabulous week.. Now that it's almost over and we can concentrate on fun stuff... Like HHHHHHMMMMMM stamping?

I've been working on making a few cards to send out this week... Mostly to my September DDSS birthday gals.. So I gave a new (to me) technique a try.. A card topper. If your a SCS member, there's an excellent thread under Demo Chit Chat entitled "Tent Card Toppers" that gives a few good pointers and measurements.


My cards are 4.25" X 8.5" so that when I fold them they were 4.25" square. To align my toppers I used my grid paper to ensure they were not more than 5.5" when completed. This really helped. And, they still fit in my square envies...

To make these cards I used up some of the designer papers I've used in a couple previous projects.. The Webster "Graham Cracker" from my journal and the orange/ brown polka dot from my Halloweeney Advent calendar.
What you can't see here is that just as in the orange card, there are star burst flowers but in sky blue.. Sorry.. they were a bit light for the scanner to pick up..

Here's the supply list(s)...
Blue...
Card Stock.. sky blue, Webster 'graham cracker', chocolate chip and very vanilla..
Stamps.. all holiday's & Canvas (SUP) along with Green Thumb (Papertreyink)
Ink.. sky blue, creamy caramel & close to cocoa
Ribbon.. blue bayou double stitched (SUP)

Orange..
Card Stock.. pumpkin pie, ds, chocolate chip & very vanilla
Stamps.. all holiday's & Canvas (SUP) along with Green Thumb (Papertreyink)
Ink.. pumpkin pie, creamy caramel & close to cocoa
Ribbon.. chocolate chip grosgrain (SUP)

No comments: