Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Helen's 85th birthday

What do you make for someone's 85th birthday.. A fellow stamping friend asked me to make a lunch box tin... I used Wild Asparagus striped paper for the bottom.. Not quite sure whose paper was used on the top but it coordinates well... The ribbon is Stampin Up's cream grosgrain and the flowers are who else but Prima.. Don't you just love them? The brads are also non-Stampin Up. These were sent to me by one of my past secret sisters.

Have you checked out these awesome templates from theCardLadies ? They work wonders and make making the top of the tin so easy to do. The only thing I do differently is extend the middle tab of one side so that I can overlay it. This makes the seam a little less noticeable.

For the pen I used the same red paper as the top. I ran the paper through my xyron machine to make a sticker out of it. Rolled it around the outside of my pen (leaving enough room for the pen cap on each side). Then I cut a piece of the A4 double sided adhesive big enough to go around the pen. I prefer to buy the adhesive in sheets so that I can cut them down to the size I need them. I find mine in my LSS (local scrapbooking store). I then rolled them in microbeads and Viola'. A sparkly matching pen.. What is better than that?

Happy 85th Birthday Helen !!!

No comments: