Thursday, May 17, 2007

Busy BEE !!!

Happy Mail.. Happy Mail... Yesterday as I laid on the sofa taking a quick little 10 minute nap before getting dinner ready (hey.. 4:10 comes pretty early in the morning).. .. low and behold.. DING DONG !!!! The mail man had a package for me from where.. Just one of my favorite online stores...... Eclectic Paperie. After seeing Beate's Bee trio card, I had to make it, so of course I needed everything just like she used.. Yes I'm so easily enabled. Oh I so need a stampers support group.

Here's my rendition of Beate's Bee trio card.. If you notice I've used Michelle's tip of the day and made 2 at the same time. It was just as easy and now I have 2 instead of just 1.. :) To use the entire piece of cardstock, I choose to make them each the opposite of each other.

I've used Barely Banana, Rose Red and Whisper White cardstock. My bee trio was stamped in black stazon which I prefer when I'm using a blender pen. This way the image doesn't smear or run with the water from the pen. The bees were colored with the blender pen using the Barely Banana, Rose Red and Bordering Blue Markers. The squiggles around the bees I made using my Black SUP marker. The designer card stock is from the Cosmo Cricket~ Dutch Girl series.. Lena & Hans is the striped and the floral is Anna (hmm.. that's my gram's name too.. no wonder why I like it so much).. A few yellow & red prima flowers were added using a silver brad and dimensional to make them pop off the page. And finally, a 1 3/8" circle was added and I've stamped HI using my brandy new Snap Stamps. I love these. You can make what ever words you like and their all perfectly spaced (for those of us who want everything nice and neat..
we all know who I'm talking about.. LOL). These too were added with dimensionals. Now if your wondering where the "HI" is on the yellow card.. I've tucked it on the inside for a little surprise when you open the card.
So when are you going to ask what kind of card fold this is? You have got to check out Beate's 'Joy Fold" tutorial.. It's so cool. So on both of these cards, the bee's open and the floral opens and the striped cardstock ends up being the back of the card. How cool is that?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable!

Ila said...

Georgous!! I love these little bees. I just got mine and can hardly wait to go stamp with them. Ready to start that club?

Michele Kovack said...

OMG this card is to die for!!! I love that paper too!

Beth Thomas said...

Cute, cute card! The paper is perfect for that image. I'm getting impatient for my bees!

lindsalita said...

You have been a busy bee with all of your stamping/detective work. How did you find me???

Alhambra Club said...

These are great cards, I have a fondness for these bees.