Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Roses in Winter

Oh how I L-O-V-E this set. I am soooooo sad to see it leave. My only hope is that it will be replaced with something magnificent. I didn't want to spend any extra money on this so I traded on SCS... Ohh what a trade. My Wild About You for Roses in Winter.. YIPEE SKIPEE !!!!
Last night I played around a little to try it out and practicing my roses. Here's a little something I came up with. Nothing over the top. Just practicing my roses.. Both cards are 5" X 5". I really like this size. Now I just need to find the right size envelopes for them to fit in..

My first attempt uses Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla & Cool Caribbean card stock along with Cool Caribbean, Close to Cocoa & Creamy Caramel ink and chocolate velvet ribbon. I've used the Roses in Winter and Linen Background Stamps and have embossed some of the rose petals with Glassy Glaze embossing enamel. Finally I distressed the edges of the Cool Caribbean and Very Vanilla card stocks.



My second card uses Apricot Appeal, Pink Passion and Very Vanilla Cardstock along with Apricot Appeal, Pink Passion and Certainly Celery ink. The lace detail in the Pink Passion cardstock is the floral lace punch by Martha Stewart. The edges were distressed with Apricot Appeal & a little Certainly Celery ink.. and again, glass glaze enamel was applied to a few of the rose petals. Finally, a little celery grosgrain ribbon and I was done.

Tonight Roses in Winter ... kicked up a notch..


1 comment:

~Lana B.~ said...

Lisa, such great cards! Also LOVE the picture of your Grandma!
I just wanted to let you know your package arrived last evening. WOW! I used the ribbons and glitter right away! You are wonderful for sharing w/ us!!!! You are also one of the few that actually followed through w/ not only sending the blog candy but also the candy you pictured (not everyone does :( !! Thank you for that!!!! have a wonderful day and keep up the GREAT blog!!!
~Lana B.~