Thursday, May 3, 2007

Finally.. A little stamping

I'm so excited. I finally got to do a little stamping. It's been raining and gloomy here the past few day's so I ventured upstairs. I'm not completely happy with myself that my stamp room isn't as clean and organized as I'd like it to be but heck.. A woman needs to stamp...
YIPEE... The glitter has dried. I'm working to step my cards up a notch so I've been focusing on layers, layers layers... and then if need be a few more layers. This card uses Pixie Pink, Pink Passion and Whisper White card stock. The first layer of Pixie Pink was put through the stylus flower cuttlebug embossing folder to add a little dimension. I then layered the Pink Passion and Whisper white. Stamped the butterfly from Reason to smile in Pretty in Pink ink and then with my Pink Passion SUP marker colored the edge of the butterfly. If you enlarge the picture, you can see that the Pink Passion layer has also been outlined with black marker squiggles. To finish off this layer I applied a little glue from a 2-way glue pen to the edges of the butterfly and then sprinkled glitter. The sentiment tag also uses the Pink Passion and Whisper white cardstocks. Again the Pink Passion layer has been outlined with black marker squiggles for a little added dimension. The flowers were stamped in Black Stazon and embellished with a little glue and glitter. Finally a piece of Hodgepodge Hardware and ribbon. Viola' I was done..

Any suggestions? the only thing I was thinking was that I could have taken my sponge and sponged on a little ink to the cuttlebug flowers to make them jump off the page a little more. Nothing like critiquing your own cards. But I guess that's the only way to get better.

No comments: