Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Scratch and Sniff....

OM goddnessssssss... I had a beautiful (at least me and all of my other personalities thought so... hahaha) card to share today but I'm very excited about something else. I was perusing the latest issue of Stampin Success and came across the neatest thing that I just had to share. Are you ready guys and dolls...
Scratch and Sniff cards....
Wanna know how to do this? Your gonna crack up when you find out how easy this is... Here's how. You'll need a bold-style stamp, a VersaMark pad, sugar-free drink mix, clear embossing powder and an embossing tool. For your drink mix select a sugar free flavored creamer such as hot cocoa or a sugar free drink mix, such as Kool-Aid. Remember that the color of your drink mix will now become the color of your image so keep that in mind when selecting your flavor (I wouldn't want a brown apple... lol).. Are you wondering why you need sugar free? Well, what happens to sugar when you heat it as hot as an embossing tool gets.. It's going to crisp and turn browns like crème brulée. YUCK.. how horrible would that be? HMM... what could be some awesome color/ scent choices? Right off the top of my head hot cocoa would be awesome for "Like it Latte" and think of all of the possibilities for Holiday gifts.. HMMM Where will my mind take me?

Now, mix 1 part sugar-free drink mix to 1-1/2 parts Clear embossing powder (ie: 1 tsp. drink mix to 1-1/2 tsp. clear embossing powder.) Woo Hoo.. your embossing powder is now colored and scented ! How cool is that? Stamp your image in VersaMark ink then onto your card stock. Sprinkle with your scented, colored embossing powder just like you normally would. Emboss with your embossing tool and viola, you now have a scented image. Is that out of control or what?
So what are some ideas that pop into your head? Please tell !!!! We all wanna know... How about...

5 comments:

Kim said...

Strawberries!!! I've seen your Strawberry recipe cards, you could use Strawberry Kool aid!! Yummy...that would be so awesome. And the idea of the Latte is awesome!!! Oh, will have to share that for sure...now if only there was an evergreen scent to do for Christmas cards?? Wonder if Sugarfree jello would work - you could do Cranberry?? Just some thoughts.

Alhambra Club said...

WOw, that is way cool, can't wait to try this one, kids will love it.

Pam said...

Wow! So cool! How about an ice cream cone stamp (and any flavor Kool-Aid!!) Or a cupcake stamp...you're right the possibilities are endless. Great tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great idea. The kids will love it, too.

Joanne said...

I've tried this with really bad results. I don't get a good embossing coverage and the koolaid seems to bubble up so I get speckled coverage. What am I doing wrong?