Wednesday, August 22, 2007

2,5,7,10 box

Hi everyone... Last night I tried my luck at a 2,5,7,10 box... Not too shabby for numero uno... I'm sorry that the picture isn't all that great. I sooooooo need a new digy camera. I hate the one I have. Unless I'm outside taking nature photo's this one 'bite's... LOL

Please visit Jenn for her awesome and easy to follow tutorial.

For my box I used Vintage Violet, Pumpkin Pie, last years Halloween designer series paper and Whisper White card stock. The witchy legs are from Lockhart stamps and the spiders/ bats are SUP. The spiders are stamped in Going Grey and the bats in Vintage Violet. The witchy legs are stamped in black stazon and colored in both SUP and Copic markers then embossed with iridescent ice embossing powder. I added a little orange & cream Maya Arts ribbon to finish it off.

A few helpful hints would be to .... stamp your image going in the opposite direction for the flap so that when you fold it down their not backwards. I applied my designs before assembling the box, this way I could make sure they were good and secure. And finally, be careful when your punching your holes for the ribbon. I punched mine up a little too far, so when I went to punch the holes in the actual box, the punch didn't fit.

These will definitely be under my Christmas Tree this year with little goodies in them.

1 comment:

Swamp Tulip said...

Adorable. I need to check out the tutorial. I love the image and the colors you used for this. Way cool!

Teresa