Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 2 of Vacation....

Last week I saw the cutest 'card totes' on SCS and I just had to make them. I didn't do a tutorial because Leslie Miller (aka.. the brainstorm behind) these has already graciously taken care of this for us.. How wonderful is that? Thank you Leslie.. Here's "Rohla's" card tote that I just fell in love with on SCS. The colors are to die for. Please go check out Leslie Miller's blog and tutorial..


Here's my take on these.. Hope you like them.. The tote on the left uses.... Blue Bayou and Cosmo Cricket card stock. The Cosmo Cricket just came in the mail today and I couldn't wait to use it.. Everything was distressed and a few swirls were added with close to cocoa ink. Next I used a little Martha Stewart twill ribbon for the handles. It may look like the paper is in 3rds but it's really not. On the front I added an extra strip of blue bayou and the designer paper for added dimension. The BB was faux stitched with my chocolate chip marker. I added a couple prima flowers (also distressed with close to cocoa) and an 'inspire' flat brad.. These were adhered with 3 large glue dots to pop it up.. The 2nd tote on the right was made just the same way. The only differences are this time I used Outlaw DS paper and chocolate chip card stock and chocolate twill ribbon from MStewart. What do ya think????


Well, it's vacation and were off to the lake. Let's see how much trouble us gals can get in at the outlets? The boy's (I mean men) have a re-match at the go carts... Enjoy your day.. If the weather is anything like it was yesterday.. we sure will... Were starting with breakfast at
Sutton's Marketplace. May be Rachel Ray will be there?? One can only hope !!

3 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

Wow, those are awesome!

Tracy.H said...

These are great! I think I might have to give these a try too! TFS :0)

Swamp Tulip said...

I was at Sutton's today and the Outlets on Sunday! I love your projects (and breakfast at Sutton's)!

The weather has been perfect for a vacation!

Teresa