Monday, August 27, 2007

Inspired by.... Nature


I just love the weeping hydrangea bushes (shhhh... don't tell anyone but I may just get one in my garden for next year).. My DS has a couple next to her pool and I was able to clip some of the beautiful flowers this weekend. They are shades of mauve/ pink, olive green and cream...

Here's the journal I made inspired by these colors of nature..


This is a 7 gypsies spiral journal I found at Frugalities.com.. This is a website you need to check daily as the discount and shipping rates change daily.. When I purchased this, the discount was 22% but it was FREE shipping on orders over $30.00

I first used my crop-a-dile with (2) 1/2" large eyelets (I made a hole in the front and back cover) and added green velvet ribbon for closures.. The large eyelets with the ribbon give it a 'finished' look. FYI.. the back of the eyelet would be on the outsides of the front & back overs and will then be hidden under the designer papers. The DS paper used is Boston Garden by Daisy D's and... Whoops.. sorry, not sure where the green is from.. :(

The front image from Baroque Motiffs was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock in Close to Cocoa with the flowers in True Thyme. I then stamped En' Francis in creamy caramel and distressed the edges in Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad... walnut stain. "Journal" was applied with misc. rub-on I had in my collection. Finally I added the Stampin' Up "pretties" flowers that I colored with my Ruby Red and Old Olive markers.

Please tell us how nature has inspired you..

2 comments:

Swamp Tulip said...

Beautiful. Hydrangeas are my most favorite flowers of all time. You did a great job.

Teresa

Sharon in NE said...

Don't you love the different shades of hydrangeas too? They are so beautiful to watercolor because some petals are a deep lavender shade but blend into a lime green center.
I am so in awe of the coral color in some simple moss roses, or the sparkle in a piece of mica in stone. Definitely inspired by nature.