Saturday, August 25, 2007

Hooked on Boxes

What can I say..... I have to try new things out. Sometimes 2 or 3 times but their so much fun..

Today it was hotter than a pig's belly at a luau on the 4th of July. I'm not quite sure if it gets any hotter than that but it sure was oppressive. What better to do on a day like today than stamp? I've been playing around with the 1 sheet boxes (see light bulb moment HERE!!!) and came up with a few different ideas. What'cha think?

I apologize.. I've been collecting designer papers for so long that now I keep them in 1 organizer. When I need one I just flip through till I find one that tickles my fancy and pull it out. It's gotten to the point now that unless I right it down right away (which I didn't do in this case :( ) I have no idea who it's by. If there's something you really love, check out EP or Jacksonebelle Their where I get most of my designer papers.

These boxes are all made using the one sheet box tutorial from SCS. The only differences is that on these 2 chocolate boxes I made tab toppers and added them to the tops. The box on the left uses no stamping at all, just the DS paper with a little Very Vanilla card stock topper. I closed the box with my new fave ribbon... the 5/8" very vanilla grosgrain ribbon.

The box on the right was actually stamped.. This one uses the DS paper again with Very Vanilla Cardstock. I stamped my Rhonna Farrer Swirls stamps in close to cocoa and chocolate chip. I then stamped my En' Francis in creamy caramel and distressed the edges in the same creamy caramel. Added a 5/8" grosgrain bow in chocolate chip to close and an Bohemia flower attached with a large glue dot in the center. Ok Ok I'll admit. I thought this was rub-on only to find out it wasn't whoops..

Here's a helpful hint.. When making boxes, if your DS paper is too thin (like mine was) and tears when you try to score it... add a small box on the inside made of cardstock for stability. In the chocolate box I used Kraft paper and in the green, very vanilla. This worked like a charm.

And now finally box #3.. this one uses SEI polka dot paper and Whisper White card stock. I used my brand new Garden Whimsy set and stamped the butterfly in pretty in pink and the sentiment in basic grey. I re~stamped the butterfly on a scrap piece of paper, cut it out, folded it and and adhered it to the first butterfly with crystal effects. I then added a little icicle stickes to all of the dots. For this box I used a little Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon..

Now what should I do with all of these boxes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, your boxes are just divine! I am a huge fan of your blog too, and I absolutely love you for always being so nice to me :) hugs,
Alex

michelle sturgeon said...

Holy wow, these bags are awesome! VERY cute!